Fence Repair Carrollton TX
As beautiful and long lasting as wood fences are, they are also the fences that need the most repairs. It's not necessarily because they are constructed of wood, they are also the most popular choice of fence when it comes to residential fencing. Over time posts will lean, fences will sag, gates will rot, and these symptoms are not exclusive as you may experience any or all of these issues over time with any section of a wood fence. We not only a new fence installation company, we are also a fence repair company. Occasionally here in Texas we can get a pretty big storm on occasion. If an entire section of your fence is leaning and the fence is not too old, we may be able to get you another ten years out of your current fence. If you have a gate in need of repair or replacement, we generally like to totally replace gates with steel poles and a steel frame. This will give you a gate that will last a lifetime and you will have a gate that opens and closes as well or better than your front door. Are you tired of dragging your gate across the ground yet? If you are we can help. No matter what your fence repair needs are we are happy to look at any project you are considering and will give you a free quote. We look forward to hearing from you.
DOING REGULAR FENCE MAINTENANCE & REPAIRS
Regular repairs to a wood fence can help to prolong its lifespan and maintain its appearance and functionality. Here are a few benefits of regular fence repairs:
- Preventing decay and rot: By identifying and repairing any damaged or rotting boards, you can prevent further decay and rot, which can ultimately save you the cost of having to replace the entire fence.
- Maintaining structural integrity: Regular repairs can help to keep the fence structurally sound and prevent it from falling over or becoming unstable.
- Enhancing appearance: Keeping the fence in good repair can help to maintain its appearance and enhance the overall aesthetic of your property.
- Improving security: A fence that is in good repair is more effective in providing privacy and security for your property.
- Saving money: Regular repairs can save you money in the long run by preventing the need for more costly repairs or replacement of the entire fence.
- Increasing property value: A well-maintained fence can increase the value of your property, making it more attractive to potential buyers.
REPAIRING AN OLD FENCE
Old fences can be repaired, depending on the extent of the damage and the condition of the wood. If the fence is made of pressure-treated wood and the damage is limited to a few boards, then replacing those boards and making any necessary repairs can be a cost-effective solution. However, if the fence is made of untreated wood or if the damage is extensive, then it may be more cost-effective to replace the fence entirely. It's important to assess the condition of the fence, including checking for rot, decay, and structural damage, before deciding on a course of action. Additionally, if the fence is in poor condition and has been left unmaintained for a long period, it may be best to replace it entirely. In any case, it's always best to consult with a professional fence contractor to determine the best course of action for your particular fence.